JETechnology Solutions, Inc. is a firm that specializes in providing Aircraft Ground Support equipment for the aerospace industry. Our employees work in fast-paced, collaborative environments, which promote development and innovation. We employ professionals who are driven by success and dedicated to our achieving our clients’ critical missions. From prototyping new systems to high-quantity production programs, our employees are dedicated to providing our clients with leading-edge solutions. We are actively seeking a Welder to work out of our Headquarters in Apopka, FL.
6:30 am – 5:00 pm, overtime required.
Essential duties and responsibilities: Roles and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Constructing and repairing various metal parts via industry-standard welding techniques.
- Welding various types of metal on large platforms, and other structures.
- Installing equipment & pipes such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and foundations.
- Welding various components on tables/benches in flat, vertical positions. Occasionally welding in-place at installation and in overhead positions.
- Accurately examining and measuring work pieces for defects etc.
- Measuring workpieces to ensure correct specifications.
- Creating jigs and clamping fixtures, as required, to ensure perpendicularity and conformance to the drawings.
- Preheating pipes and workpieces, using hand torch or heating furnace.
- Notifying managers of any defective or faulty equipment or material. Notifying managers of opportunities for improvement in designs, parts, materials, or processes.
- Constantly monitoring the fitting, burning, and welding processes.
- Removing rough spots or loose metal from workpieces.
- Perform welding operations per company policies and procedures, per industry standards, and per manufacturing drawings and sketches.
- Support engineering design efforts as it relates to the manufacturability of parts.
- Fabricate work pieces IAW engineering designs.
- 5+ years of welding experience with a strong concentration in Aluminum alloy and special alloy
- High school or trade school level is required education.
- Must have own tools (Wrenches, Sockets, Pliers, Screwdrivers, Calipers, Measuring Tapes, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Certified welding helmet, etc.).
- Experience in MIG and/or TIG welding.
- Experience and proficient in reading manufacturing drawings, parts lists, and sketches.
- Proficient in the use of general hand tools (Drills, Grinders, Calipers, Saws, etc.)
- Able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Standing is required for a minimum of 6 hours per day.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Mandatory Overtime when required.
- Able to fabricate and assemble work pieces.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 13 paid holidays
To apply for this job please visit jsimetalfabrication.com.