Come be a part of an organization that is making things happen. We are metal fabricators that specialize in the design and fabrication of Ground Support Equipment for the Aviation industry. We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for leading our team of engineers and designers as they design the specialized equipment for our awesome customers. The ideal individual is knowledgeable in our mechanical engineering and can provide directions and technical instruction to a group of individuals to deliver the highest quality products on time while adhering to our company’s mission and vision.
- 9/80 schedule which means every other Friday off!
Essential duties and responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering oversight for all company projects
- Review and confirm the regulatory code basis for each project
- Collaborate with the engineering team and other departments as required.
- Provide mechanical designs and drawings as required
- Provide technical support to external design resources, equipment vendors, and fabricators
- Travel to locations for meetings, inspections, and functional tests
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and sales personnel
- Provide technical and project support to program management
- Review and approve internal and external documentation
- Lead/facilitate cross-functional meetings as needed for brainstorming, troubleshooting, and project deadlines
- Perform design reviews (internal and external) as required
- Perform calculations, FEA, and design validations as required
- Provide validation criteria for design prototypes and quality assurance
- Provide continuous improvements for manufacturing, design, and engineering department functions
- Provide concept and proposal input to ensure technical requirements are being met
- Provide proposal support by reviewing client specifications, and requirements, and providing expertise in setting strategy for product offerings
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited institution (ABET) in Mechanical Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience with mechanical design
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Solidworks, Solidworks Simulation, and Solidworks PDM
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Experience in composing/authoring technical manuals and work instructions
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Advanced mechanical, electrical, and/or general engineering problem-solving skills
- Experience with ERP / MRP programs
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be hands-on
- Respectful and professional verbal and written communications
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Up to 10% of domestic/international travel is required. Notice of travel within 48 hours
- 5 years
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 13 paid holidays
Join our team and take us and yourself to new heights in your career!
We look forward to your resume!
To apply for this job please visit jsimetalfabrication.com.